Our headquarter before the race will be in Jockfall. So, of course it will be very convenient for athletes to base themselves in and around Jockfall. Below you get an overview of the options. There is of course also the possibility to book a room or cabin in and around Överkalix. Right now it’s just not possible to say how much capacity there will be because the largest hotel, the Grand Arctic, will re-open and take up the capacities of Överkalix Camping to market to tour operators.
In general, the room situation in the Överkalix Kommun is a bit different from regions that have a lot of hotels. Traditionally, where we host the MLAU many of the places to stay are cabins. Therefore, one of the goals will be to get all of you who do not mind, to share a cabin with other athletes. For those of you who seek privacy and prefer not to share, we will of course find a way to accomplish that, too.
Here are your options for Jockfall (all rates including tax):
- Jockfall Apartments – These luxurious apartments fit up to 6 guests each. For the race it is our goal to have at least 3 athletes per apartment. Each apartment has got two separate bedrooms and a loft. The cost for the cabin is SEK 1,800/night. So, if three people share, the cost is SEK 600/night. Should you decide you want to have more people in the apartment, that is of course possible and will further bring down the cost per person.
- Jockfall Cabins – A total of nine cabins will be available to athletes. These have 4 beds each. Toilets and showers are in a separate building. Here we need at least 2 athletes sharing. Cost per cabin is SEK 800/night. Again, you can team up and share with more fellow competitors.
- Jockfall Hostel – This place used to be a school and was renovated recently. It features 4 bedrooms with 2 beds each. Showers and washrooms are shared and there is also a sauna. Cost is SEK 300/night for each bed.
- Jockfall House – Not far from the restaurant, in the village, there is a large house available for rent. It has got a total of 16 beds, 3 washrooms and a sauna. Cost is SEK 300/night for each bed.
- Jockfall Camping – Should you travel to Jockfall in an RV, the parking including electricity is SEK 300/night.
Options for Överkalix:
As mentioned above, the cabins at Överkalix Camping and any rooms at the Grand Arctic Hotel right now are all reserved for tour operators. Some rooms will likely become available later in the year. Should this be the case, you will hear about it in an update.
On the website of Heart of Lapland you will also find some other options for places to stay.
Please note that we will see that we can find a way to make travel possible for people who prefer not to use a car once in Sweden, i.e. shuttles from the airport to Överkalix and Jockfall (see also below). We will arrange for a couple of shuttle rides from Jockfall to Överkalix for any shopping, too. However, the easiest way to get around after arrival at Lulea Airport is a rental car. Not only can you then drive straight to your accommodation but locally you can go anywhere at anytime.
There is a private facebook group for all athletes on the race roster. This group is the perfect place to get in touch with others and to make plans for the sharing of accommodation and/or rental cars.
IMPORTANT: For any bookings at Jockfall please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will then assist/co-ordinate.